This Cannabis Infused Olive Oil recipe is simple, delicious and versatile. Combine the health benefits of Olive Oil and Cannabis to create a delicious base for savory recipes and dressings. Skip the extra virgin olive oil and save some money, filtered olive oil holds up best as we heat things up for the infusion. Before make this recipe you will have to decarb your weed for the best results.
Cannabis Infused Olive Oil Recipe
Get adventurous with your olive oil and bud pairings: Drizzle a Berry vinaigrette made with Blueberry OG Delight over a steak, combine Lemon OG Strain with citrus and honey for a delicious salad dressing, or drizzle a funky GlueChee infusion over summer tomatoes and mozzarella. The point is experiment with the strains that you use. Different strains will create different flavor.
- Prep Time 22-30 Minutes
- Cook Time 120 Minutes
- Total Time 140 Minutes
- Serves 1 People
- Calories 21 kcal
- 2.33 grams Ground Cannabis Flower
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Decarboxylate Prepare your cannabis by decarboxylating it first, this will activate the THC and/or CBD that will be infused into the olive oil. Preheat your oven to 220 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread your cannabis over the parchment and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 22-30 minutes, keeping an eye on it, as every oven is different. When finished it should be lightly toasted, not burnt.
- Infuse your oil with the flower. Add the bud and olive oil into a double boiler, a slow cooker, or your sous vide and infuse over low heat, or 85C/185F for 2 hours.
- Strain over a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. “NOTE: Use disposable kitchen gloves and flexible spatulas to handle this material. Handling this material with your bare hands can lead to an undesired experience as THC infused oil can be absorbed through skin.” (Chef Korby)
- Store the finished cannabis infused olive oil in a mason jar. The potency of the oil will depend on your bud’s THC and CBD content. Test out with a teaspoon and dose accordingly for what is right for you.
Buy a Decarber & Infusion Device
Buy one of these decarber and infusion devices to make the process easier. You can even bake with them.
- Decarboxylate, extract, infuse, melt, and bake all in one appliance
- Full activation and infusion of THC, CBD, CBG and other cannabinoids
- Use any plant material (including flower, kief, and concentrate)
- Stainless steel cavity
- 4 different settings for a full range of activation, infusion, melting, baking and more
- Detachable base for easy clean up
- No minimum material amount, work with up to 4 oz of plant material at a time
- Perfect as a personal cooking and crafting device in addition to all of it’s cannabis capabilities
- Full activation of THC and CBD in your flower, kief or concentrates
- Use to infuse butter and oil!
- Odorless and mess free, no cleanup necessary
- Easy to use from your home (unit is 7.5″ x 4″)
- Holds up to 1 ounce of flower or 5 ounces of kief
- This version is for use with USA outlets