Cannabis Infused Avocado Oil
- Prep Time 65 Minutes
- Cook Time 4 Hrs or (240) Minutes
- Total Time 5 Hrs 5 Minutes
- Serves N/A People
- Calories 40 kcal
- ½ Cup Ground Cannabis Flower
- ½ Cup Avocado oil
- In order to extract the most THC from your flower it is important to decarboxylate it. What that simply means is to heat it at a low temperature in order to prepare the THC for infusion. Preheat your oven at 200 F. Use a parchment paper on a baking sheet and then spread your cannabis flower on the parchment paper and cover in aluminum foil. Place in oven for 45-60mins.
- Add flower and avocado oil into a slow cooker and cook at low temperature for 4-6 hrs stirring once or twice every hour.
- Use a combination of a bowl, fine mesh strainer and a nut milk bag or cheesecloth to them separate the flower from the oil. NOTE: Use disposable kitchen gloves and flexible spatulas to handle this material. Handling this material with your bare hands can lead to an undesired experience as THC infused oil can be absorbed through skin.
- Store the finished cannabis infused avocado oil in a small mason jar in the refrigerator. Depending on the potency of your flower THC content will vary. On average this recipe should produce oil with roughly 10-20mg of THC per TSPN. My advice is to test it out in small amounts in order to recognized what is the right amount for you.
Buy a Decarber & Infusion Device
Buy one of these decarber and infusion devices to make the process easier. You can even bake with them.
- Decarboxylate, extract, infuse, melt, and bake all in one appliance
- Full activation and infusion of THC, CBD, CBG and other cannabinoids
- Use any plant material (including flower, kief, and concentrate)
- Stainless steel cavity
- 4 different settings for a full range of activation, infusion, melting, baking and more
- Detachable base for easy clean up
- No minimum material amount, work with up to 4 oz of plant material at a time
- Perfect as a personal cooking and crafting device in addition to all of it’s cannabis capabilities
- Full activation of THC and CBD in your flower, kief or concentrates
- Use to infuse butter and oil!
- Odorless and mess free, no cleanup necessary
- Easy to use from your home (unit is 7.5″ x 4″)
- Holds up to 1 ounce of flower or 5 ounces of kief
- This version is for use with USA outlets