Looking for a simple cannabutter recipe or weed butter recipe then look no further. This is a simplified version of a classic recipe: there is no melting butter in boiling water, simply decarb your bud, infuse with butter, and strain. You can substitute regular butter with your favorite vegan butter too.
Use cannabis infused butter to bake cookies, melt and toss with your favorite veggies, or drizzle over grilled steak, the possibilities are endless.
- This recipe yields 24 teaspoons
- Takes about 30 minutes to prep
- Takes about 3 hours to cook
- Take about 3.5 hours in total
If you need the details in minutes see below.
Unless you love the taste of cannabis, try to pair with flavorful foods to hide the taste. London Cello cannabutter blends beautifully with red wine vinegar, fresh chopped parsley, garlic, fresh chillies, dried oregano, and salt and pepper to create a stellar chimichurri dressing perfect to slather on steak.
While food and bud pairing is not a hard science, an easy trick is to combine marijuana strains with similar flavors: think funky and earthy strains, like, Bubba Kush paired with mushroom dishes. If you prefer those lighter, zestier citrus terpenes, combine those strains with zippy tart dressings.
- Prep Time 22-30 Minutes
- Cook Time 180 Minutes
- Total Time 210 Minutes
- Serves 2 People
- Calories 200 kcal
- 2.33 grams Ground Cannabis Flower
- 1/2 Cup Butter (113 grams) or 1 stick
- Decarboxylate First things first, prep your cannabis by decarboxylating. This process activates the THC and/or CBD that will be infused into the butter. Preheat your oven to 220 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread your cannabis over the parchment and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 22-30 minutes, keep an eye on it, every oven is different. When finished it should be lightly toasted and aromatic.
- Infuse your butter with the flower. Add the bud and butter into a double boiler, a slow cooker, decarboxylator device, or your sous vide and infuse over low heat, or 85C/185F for 3 hours.
- Strain over a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. “NOTE: Use disposable kitchen gloves and flexible spatulas to handle this material. Handling this material with your bare hands can lead to an undesired experience as THC infused butter can be absorbed through skin.” (Chef Korby)
- Store the finished cannabis infused butter in a mason jar, and then place in the refrigerator. The potency of the butter will depend on your bud’s THC and CBD content. Test out with a teaspoon and dose accordingly for what is right for you.