Our Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil recipe is full of flavor & fun. From body products to baked goods, coconut oil’s endless applications will have you using up your jar of Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil in no time. Coconut oil has a high smoke point and is ideal to use in all cooking methods, remember to dose appropriately! Infuse your coconut oil with Kaya Haze for a tropical smelling infusion perfect for coconut shrimp or pineapple fried rice. If you have a sweet tooth, go ahead and infuse with Emperor Cookie Dough to make minty dark chocolate truffles.
- This recipe yields 24 teaspoons
- Takes about 30 mins to prep
- Takes about 3 hours to cook
- Take about 3.5 hours in total
Cannabis Conconut Oil
This recipe for cannabis infused oil is not only delicious, it also can be used to make natural body products. Since coconut oil turns solid at 74 F or below it is an ideal oil to be whipped into body butters and creams. You can also warm it up to use as massage oil or lube, just remember to keep your body oils and cooking oils labeled and separate!
- Prep Time 22-30 Minutes
- Cook Time 180 Minutes
- Total Time 210 Minutes
- Serves NA People
- Calories 39/per tsp kcal
- 2.33 grams Ground Cannabis Flower
- 1/2 Cup (108 grams) Coconut Oil
- Decarboxylate First things first, prep your cannabis using the decarboxylation method. This process will activate the THC and/or CBD that will be infused into the coconut oil. Preheat your oven to 220 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread your cannabis over the parchment and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 22-30 minutes, keeping an eye on it, as every oven is different. When finished it should be lightly toasted, not burnt.
- Infuse your butter with the flower. Add the bud and butter into a double boiler, a slow cooker, decarboxylator device, or your sous vide and infuse over low heat, or 85C/185F for 3 hours.
- Strain over a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. “NOTE: Use disposable kitchen gloves and flexible spatulas to handle this material. Handling this material with your bare hands can lead to an undesired experience as THC infused oil can be absorbed through skin.” (Chef Korby)
- Store the finished cannabis infused coconut oil in a mason jar. The potency of the oil will depend on your bud’s THC and CBD content. Test out with a teaspoon and dose accordingly for what is right for you.