This Mushroom Risotto recipe is very special. We made it so you can infused it with cannabis that has CBD & THC. Or you can make it with out the weed. Either way it is magical. Mushroom Risotto is the perfect fall and winter comfort dish: it’s easy, creamy, and cheesy; everything you need for the cold weather. The funky flavors of cannabis blend really well with parmesan cheese and mushrooms, while many cannabis recipes have you covering up the taste of bud, here you can let it shine: the funkier and earthier the strain, the sweeter the pairing. Strains like Bubble Cheese and NY Cheese pair particularly well with this Mushroom Risotto.
CBD Mushroom Risotto
This is my go-to vegetarian winter weekday dinner recipe, because it’s so easy, you only need a few ingredients, and with no special skills needed. Just cutting and stirring and keeping your eye on it once you’ve started adding broth. This dish is umami-packed, there is tons of flavor in every single bite and it’s also creamy without the cream, the texture comes from the starch in the rice grain.
Mix in your homemade cannabutter at the end to give for a creamy texture, funky marijuana flavor, and the benefits of CBD. For this recipe we calculate the dose per person with one tablespoon of cannabutter, please remember to dose correctly with our CBD Dosage Chart Calculator.
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 35 Minutes
- Total Time 40 Minutes
- Serves 2 People
- Calories 1250 kcal
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter (you can substitute with our CBD olive oil if you would like it to be dairy free, vegetarian or vegan)
- 150 grams of arborio, sushi rice, or any other short grain rice (75 g per person)
- 200 grams of fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red chili (optional)
- ½ large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white wine or apple cider vinegar
- chicken broth (substitute for veggie if you want to make it vegetarian or vegan)
- 25 grams or 1 oz of grated parmesan cheese (substitute for a vegan option for it to be dairy free)
- fresh parsley
- First things first, prepare your ingredients, Dice the onion, Slice the garlic thinly, Chop the red chili, Finely chop the parsley, Grate your parmesan, Warm the broth (in microwave or a pan), Slice mushrooms
- In a warm dry pan add the sliced mushrooms and a generous pinch of sea salt. Cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze Add a splash of white wine or apple cider vinegar and a half a tablespoon of olive oil. Stir thoroughly and cook for another 3 minutes over medium heat. - Turn off the heat, mix in half of the chopped parsley and place the mushrooms in a bowl to set aside
- Sautée the veggies In the same pan you cooked the mushrooms, add the onion, garlic, and chili and sautée over medium low heat. When it starts to get color, about 3 minutes, add a small splash of ACV/wine and half a tablespoon of olive oil. Lower the heat to low and cook until translucent, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the rice, raise the heat up to medium and add the dry rice. Cook for 2 minutes, and then add a splash of white wine or apple cider vinegar, mix thoroughly and ladle in a spoonful of the warm broth.
- Stir continuously as the rice absorbs the broth, add in about 1 cup warm stock and cook, stirring, until liquid is absorbed. Repeat this process, adding more stock as it’s absorbed, until rice is tender but not mushy, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the cannabutter Once the rice is almost cooked, add the cannabutter, half of the sauteed mushrooms and half of the chopped parsley and half of the shaved parmesan and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on warm plates and garnish with fresh cracked pepper, the remaining parsley, mushrooms, and parmesan. Enjoy!
Buy a CBD for the Recipe
Buy some CBD to add to the recipe.