This Cannabis Infused Sesame Oil recipe has a special place in our heart. Sesame Oil is hands down one of the best tasting oils that adds elegance to any dish. If you are looking for a flavorful oil that blends well with cannabis, sesame oil is one of your best bets. This oil is flavorful, fragrant, and can be used in a variety of recipes ranging from sweet to savory.
Our cannabis infused sesame oil recipe can be used raw in salads, topped over ramen, or even as a cooking oil. Sesame is used in a variety of cuisines from Mediterranean, South Indian, Middle Eastern, East Asian, and Central American and will do well in many different recipes.
Not only delicious, Sesame oil has many health benefits thanks to antioxidants like vitamin E and phytosterols, lignans, sesamol, and sesaminol. These have been shown to help fight free radicals in your body, which could reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases.
Cannabis Infused Sesame Oil Recipe info:
- 40 calories per teaspoon
- Takes about 30 minutes to prep
- Takes about 3 hours to cook
- Take about 3.5 hours in total
Marijuana Infused Sesame Oil
I always recommend full spectrum cannabis infusions to get the most health benefits out of your preparations. I also prefer lower heat, gentler infusions to extract pleasant flavor compounds from the marijuana and avoid burnt bitter flavors that you get from overcooking your bud.
This sesame oil recipe pairs well with Digweed, a high CBD strain great for mellowing out. If you want to cook something savory like a curry, infuse with Coconut Oil strain and bring out those tropical flavors.
Besides being one of the best tasting oils there are and chock full of health benefits, sesame oil is also non comedogenic and a great addition to your skin care; this means that it won’t clog your pores and safe to use in beauty and body products.
Sesame oil has a high smoke point, we can safely make a pure CBD infused sesame oil.
- Prep Time 22-30 Minutes
- Cook Time 180 Minutes
- Total Time 210 Minutes
- Serves NA People
- Calories 40 kcal
- 2.33 grams Ground Cannabis Flower
- ½ Cup Sesame Oil
- Decarboxylate First things first, prep your cannabis using the decarboxylation method. This will activate the cannabinoids to be infused into the oil. Preheat your oven to 220 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread your cannabis over the parchment and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 22-30 minutes, keeping an eye on it, as every oven is different. When finished it should be very aromatic, lightly toasted, but not burnt.
- Infuse your oil with the flower. Add the bud and oil into a double boiler, a slow cooker, decarboxylator device, or sous vide machine and infuse over low heat, or 85C/185F for 3 hours.
- Strain over a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. “NOTE: Use disposable kitchen gloves and flexible spatulas to handle this material. Handling this material with your bare hands can lead to an undesired experience as THC infused oil can be absorbed through skin.” (Chef Korby)
- Store the finished infused oil blend in a mason jar. The potency of the oil will depend on your bud’s THC and CBD content. Test out with a teaspoon and dose accordingly for what is right for you.