This Cannabis Infused Hollandaise is the perfect centerpiece to impress your friends at your next Cross Faded Brunch. It can also be made with CBD if you want. It is a versatile sauce, delicious over blanched vegetables, grilled fish, or lathered over the classic Eggs Benedict. When it comes to pairing with drinks, hollandaise stands up to pretty much anything, it is incredibly rich, but also very balanced, you will do just as well pairing it with a strong bloody mary or a refreshing mimosa.
Try more Edible Recipes here.
Table of Contents
Make Cannabutter first
Marijuana Infused Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Hollandaise is created by emulsifying melted butter, egg yolks and lemon juice together to create a rich tangy sauce. It sounds very technical, but don’t be intimidated by it. We will walk you through the recipe and you will see that it is pretty easy to make as long as you follow the key steps.
When choosing which bud strains to pair with your brunch, think about what you will be eating with this. Marijuana strains with bright citrus notes work really well with fish and steamed vegetables, think Limon. You can also use funkier earthier strains like Bubble Cheese to pair with richer dishes like eggs benedict with smoked ham.
Hollandaise is best enjoyed warm, so once your sauce is finished, keep it covered with cling film or in a mason jar and pop back into the bain marie until you’re ready to enjoy it. If you’re tight on time or out of cannabutter, feel free to add your favorite CBD/THC tincture to regular melted butter and mix. You get all the benefits of the cannabinoids from a full spectrum extract and save on time.
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 15 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- Calories 1000 kcal
- ½ cup of melted cannabutter*
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon french mustard
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of smoked paprika
- Prepare your cannabutter in a bain marie. Place a heatproof bowl over a pot of steaming water and melt the butter. You can also melt the butter in a covered bowl in the microwave. The butter should be hot.
- Prepare your ingredients : place the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, salt and smoked paprika into a blender and blend until combined.
- If you have an open top blender, open the top and slowly pour the hot butter* while it blends.*
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon, salt and cayenne pepper into a high powered blender and blend for 5 seconds until combined.
- With the blender running on medium high, slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture until it's emulsified.
- Make the Coconut whipped cream - Grab two cans of chilled coconut milk. Spoon out the hardened cream and pour off the clear coconut water and reserve for another recipe.
- Pour the hollandaise sauce into a small bowl and serve while warm.
- Enjoy over steamed asparagus, as a dipping sauce for artichokes, in Eggs Benedict, or as you please