If you’re ready for a good ol’ fashioned, heavy, super-stoned high, the American Kush strain is your type of Mary Jane. This potent, indica-dominant hybrid brings on the ultra-relaxing body buzz that Kush strains are super well known and loved for, along with uplifting and calming mental effects.
A favorite among both medical and recreational tokers, the American Kush strain is widely regarded as an excellent solution for stress, pain, appetite loss, and insomnia.
Strain Table of Contents
The American Kush strain offers a smooth and satisfying combo of lemon, lavender, spice, coffee, sweet, and herbal notes. The three main flavors in American Kush are:
American Kush Strain Information
American Kush is about 70% indica and 30% sativa with moderately high THC levels averaging about 18% to 20%, with some phenotypes testing as high as 27%. This strain lacks CBD but does boast a CBG content of about 1%, which is helpful for alleviating pain, inflammation, cramps, muscle spasms, and digestive issues.
American Kush gets its genetics from Pre ’98 Bubba Kush and Sin City Kush. Unsurprisingly, all three strains are widely known for their uplifting mental effects and physically sedating qualities. This strain’s high hits fast, strong, and heavy, starting off with a euphoric, tingly cerebral sensation that gradually travels downward throughout the body, delivering powerful pain relief and intense relaxation.
Definitely a strain best reserved for an early evening or after-dark smoke sesh, American Kush will leave you couch-locked and ready to hit the sack by the end of the night.
American Kush Strain Effects
Damian Marley — Welcome to Jamrock
Definitely a departure from classic reggae but no less chill, this tune from Bob’s youngest son is excellent for relaxing with a few tokes of American Kush.
Dennis Lloyd — Think About It
This chill tune’s reiterative lyrics and relaxing beat are perfect for chilling and zoning out on the couch while you get your high on.
Hippie Sabotage — Options
Both members of this musical duo are Kush fans and readily admit cannabis has heavily influenced their craft. Put this chill tune on, light one up, kick back, and let your mind and body relax.
- Chicken and waffles: American Kush is known for bringing on the munchies; this classic American dish is the most delicious way to manage them.
- Loaded cheesy tater tots: An irresistible twist on another American classic. Crispy tater tots, gooey cheese, creamy ranch, and a hefty helping of bacon make this dish the late-night bite of your dreams.
- Grilled cheese sandwich: Easy to toss together and super satisfying, this classic American sandwich also happens to be a stoner favorite. Pair it with a few tokes of American Kush, and you’ll immediately understand why.
- Scotch: Perfect for winding down the night and excellent on its own, scotch offers a robust flavor and calming effects, just like American Kush.
- IPA: Potent and slightly citrusy, an ice-cold IPA is a great pairing for American Kush’s lemony notes and relaxing effects.
- Moscow mule: A little citrusy, a little spicy, and super smooth, just like American Kush. This vodka-based cocktail is a great way to wind down the night while you light up and get cozy with your couch.
Given its potency and largely incapacitating effects, the American Kush strain is a great bud for experienced cannabissuers looking to relax their way to bed at the end of a long day. Fans of Kush-heavy cannabis will love this bud and may also enjoy strains with similar effects, such as Platinum Kush, Bubba Kush OG, and Kaya Romulan.