If you’re looking for a strain that can help you have a pleasurable and productive day, keep an eye out for Candy Jack. This award-winning, slightly sativa-dominant hybrid of the Cotton Candy, Skunk #1, and Jack Herer strains will leave you feeling peppy, euphoric, open-minded, creative, and focused after just a couple of tokes.
Many folks say Candy Jack tastes a lot like candy, but that’s not all. With each tach toke of this sweet-‘n’-skunky bud, your tastebuds will detect notes of:
Candy Jack Strain Information
Candy Jack is roughly 60% sativa and 40% indica, with an average THC content of 27%, a CBD content of 0.8%, a CBG content of 0.6%, and a CBC content of 0.5%. In 2010, this strain took home second place at the High Times Cannabis Cup in the sativa category. To this day, Candy Jack continues to tickle tastebuds and dazzle dank heads with its delightful flavor and blend of rejuvenating mental and physical effects.
Medical tokers: Candy Jack could become your new go-to ganja if you’re looking to address various health conditions, including chronic pain, depression, headaches, low appetite, stress, bipolar disorder, and fatigue. Recreational tokers: This strain is a great choice for enhancing mood and productivity, but only if you’ve built a good tolerance already. For those of you who are new(ish) to the nug, avoid this strain or take it very slowly, lest you enjoy a few too many hits and end up waaaaay higher than you’re comfortable being.
Candy Jack Strain Effects
Pairs With Music
Yung Wylin’ — “Good Energy”: If you’re gonna toke a strain that gives good vibes, why not listen to a jam that does the same?
50 Cent, Olivia — “Candy Shop”: Just for fun — and nostalgia’s sake.
NIEL FRANCES — “dancing”: Jam out to this groovy track while you toke some Candy Jack and let the combo elevate your mental state.
Pairs With Food
- Your favorite candy: If you love sweet strains and sweets, why not indulge in both at the same time?
- Edamame + veggie rice bowl: Balance out the sweet flavors in your smoke with this savory, umami dish that’ll keep you going all afternoon.
- Tortilla chips + fresh mango salsa: Bless your tastebuds with some sweet-‘n’-salty, savory goodness while you toke your sweet, fruity weed.
Pairs With Spirits
- Jolly Rancher cocktail: This delightful, sweet-tart sipper is super-satisfying alongside a few tokes of Candy Jack.
- Aperol Spritz: Double up on the refreshing vibes when you sip this daytime delight alongside some Candy Jack.
- French 75: If you love the sweet, citrusy notes in your smoke, this bubbly delight should 100% please your palate.
Where the Candy Jack Strain Is Grown
It’s unclear who created the Candy Jack strain or where in the world it originated. That said, the version of this strain that won second place at the 2010 High Times Cannabis Cup came from the growers at The Green Door in San Francisco, California.
Candy Jack Strain Summary
The Candy Jack strain might become your new best bud if you’re into sweet and skunky, mood-boosting weed that enhances creativity, promotes free thinking, and soothes stress. If this strain floats your boat, you may also want to check out similar strains like J1, Jack Frost, and Lemon Meringue.