Majoun is the world’s oldest cannabis edible? Have you tried it? Regardless, of if you have or had not we teach you how to make Majoun with this recipe.
- This recipe makes 20 Majoun truffles
- Takes about 10 minutes to prep
- Takes about 30 minues to cook
- Take about 40 minutes + time to chill
- 100 calories per Majoun ball
- 2,000 calories overall (if you eat all 20 balls)
What is Majoun?
Majoun is a thousand year old treat made from marijuana. Several countries stake a claim to the origins of this treat, and as with many recipes, it is difficult to trace its exact origins. What we do know for certain is that it’s very much a part of Moroccan culture. Majoun can be enjoyed as a spread like jam or rolled into truffle sized balls and served with hot mint tea. It is made with cannabutter, dried fruits, nuts, honey, and warming spices. Think of them as pumpkin spice flavored CBD energy balls. They’re great for hiking, post workout or as the perfect warming fall weather treat.
How to make Majoun
Majoun is made by combining and cooking fruits, nuts, cannabis and other simples. It is simple to make. Follow the instructions below in our Majoun recipe.
This recipe is very versatile, if you don’t have a specific spice or fruit, you can substitute for something similar: almonds for walnuts, dried raisins for dried figs, ginger powder for black pepper etc. Choose your favorite spices and match with different strains. If you love grape-flavored anything, then combine the Grape Drink strain with raisins. You can have the Majoun plain or dusted in cocoa. Majoun are quite a treat, you’ll probably have more than just one serving, so please remember to dose correctly with our CBD Dosage Chart Calculator.
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 30 Minutes
- Total Time 40 Minutes
- Serves See above People
- Calories 2000 kcal
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 1 cup nuts (we used ⅓ pistachio, ⅓ walnut, and ⅓ cashews)
- 1 cup dried fruit (we used ⅓ figs, ⅓ dates, ⅓ golden raisins)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water (optional*)
- 1 ⅓ tablespoon of spice (1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp cardamom)
- ------Measure and process your ingredients------
- Blend your dry nuts in a regular blender or food processor (reserve some for dusting).
- Chop your dried fruit with a large chef's knife
- Measure your spices.
- *If you have a high powered food processor (vitamix or blendtec) you can skip the A and B*
- Combine all the ingredients: In a medium heavy saucepan place all the ingredients in the pot and bring up to medium heat. Once it starts bubbling, lower the heat and simmer over low for 30 minutes. Mix frequently with a heat proof spatula. You want to mix well until the water has evaporated. You’ll know that it is ready when it starts to ball up and doesn’t stick to the pot anymore.
- Set aside to cool You can clean up while you wait. Let it cool to room temperature before rolling into balls.
- Roll into balls Shape into even size balls and roll around the reserved blended nuts. You can also dust them in cocoa powder or coconut flakes.
- Enjoy! These go particularly well with a warm glass of mint tea.
Buy a Decarber & Infusion Device
Buy one of these decarber and infusion devices to make the process easier. You can even bake with them.
- Decarboxylate, extract, infuse, melt, and bake all in one appliance
- Full activation and infusion of THC, CBD, CBG and other cannabinoids
- Use any plant material (including flower, kief, and concentrate)
- Stainless steel cavity
- 4 different settings for a full range of activation, infusion, melting, baking and more
- Detachable base for easy clean up
- No minimum material amount, work with up to 4 oz of plant material at a time
- Perfect as a personal cooking and crafting device in addition to all of it’s cannabis capabilities
- Full activation of THC and CBD in your flower, kief or concentrates
- Use to infuse butter and oil!
- Odorless and mess free, no cleanup necessary
- Easy to use from your home (unit is 7.5″ x 4″)
- Holds up to 1 ounce of flower or 5 ounces of kief
- This version is for use with USA outlets