It’s October and pumpkin spice season is officially here. Are you ready to take your fall desserts to the next level? If so, you’re in for a treat! We’re about to introduce you to a cannabis infused buttercream frosting recipe that will transform your cakes, cupcakes, and cookies into a special fall treat.
This recipe combines the rich, creamy goodness of buttercream frosting with the deep flavors of your favorite bud, a perfect balance of sweet and savory that will transport you to a new state of bliss. We whip fresh ginger juice into the buttercream to add a warming layer of flavor and spice. There’s also a bonus recipe included, the perfect vessel for the frosting: carrot cake cupcakes.
Why choose a Cannabis Infused Buttercream Frosting?
Some people want to enjoy the health effects of marijuana, but find the flavor of cannabis overpowering and unpalatable (not us!). We develop recipes that taste delicious and help people get over that hurdle. This is one of those recipes. The sweet cannabis infused buttercream frosting blends with the toasty brown cannabis butter and ginger. The result? A tantalizing combination of flavors that pairs exceptionally well with a variety of autumnal desserts. Whether you’re preparing a special birthday cake or simply want to elevate your everyday treats, cannabis-infused buttercream is the way to go.
What Bud should we use to pair with the Buttercream Frosting?
Check the strains finder to find which strains have the effects you’re looking for. Banana Milk is a great choice for a hybrid, indica-dominant bud. It has a powerful aroma of banana, tropical fruits, butter, and cream. If you prefer something more energizing and uplifting maybe give Fortune Cookies a try, its powerful aromas of vanilla and honey blend perfectly with desserts.
|Prep Time 25 minutes
|Cook Time25 minutes
|Total Time50 minutes
Total 446 per serving
- 400 grams powdered sugar
- 1 stick (113 grams) softened Cannabutter
- 1 stick (113 grams) softened Unsalted Butter*
- 3 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder or fresh ginger juice
Buttercream Frosting Instructions
- Sift the dry ingredients. It will make everything smoother and prevent any clumps.
- Whip the softened* butter, cannabutter, and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low until smooth and fluffy, about a minute.
- Add the sugar in batches and continue mixing on low. Once the sugar is all incorporated, add the ginger juice. Next, add the whipping cream and mix until your desired consistency. The buttercream frosting should be light and fluffy and easy to pipe.
- 166 grams Brown Sugar
- 150 grams All Purpose Flour
- 1 XL Egg
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp (4 grams) Baking Powder
- 1 tsp (6 grams) Baking Soda
- 1 tsp (5 grams) Salt
- 80 ml Neutral Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 223 grams Carrots
- 30 grams Chopped Toasted Nuts
- 80 ml Sour cream
- 80 ml Applesauce
Carrot Cupcake Instructions
- Prep your ingredients. Start by shredding your carrots with a box grater and toasting your nuts in an oven at 350F degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Sift the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, powdered spices into a large mixing bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients: oil, sour cream, applesauce, sugar, eggs into a large mixing bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with flour and mix until just combined. Careful to not overmix the dough!
- Add the grated carrots and toasted nuts and gently fold into the batter. Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, carefully pour into the cupcake tins filling them ¾’s of the way.
- Bake in the oven at 375F for 6 minutes, then lower the heat to 350F and bake for 14 minutes. You can use a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Cool. Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating with frosting
- Decorate, serve and Enjoy!
If using salted butter, omit half of the salt from the recipe.
Make sure to soften the butter by pulling it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes ahead of time. Softened butter is much easier to work with.