Celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with a slice of maple pumpkin pie and a dollop of Cannabis-infused Whipped cream. This pie recipe is sweetened with maple syrup, flavored with warm spices, and has a flakey buttery crust. The inviting smells of butter, spices, and pumpkin will fill your home. It’s all wins with this recipe.
Table of Contents
Cannabis-Infused Whipped Cream Toping
For the cannabis-infused topping, you’ll need heavy cream, your favorite CBD extract, and powdered sugar. Yes, you can mix CBD into a tub of premade whipped cream, but nothing is better than the homemade stuff. Add a dollop to a slice of pie, or spoon over hot chocolate, cake, strawberries…
You can make the whipped cream with a flavored tincture like peppermint, citrus, or even cinnamon. A Lemon Meringue strain highlights the citrus zest in the pumpkin pie filling and adds freshness and zing to cut through the richness of the pie.
While it may be tempting to spoon whipped cream over everything, remember to use our CBD Dosage Chart Calculator and dose responsibly.
Cannabis-Infused Maple Pumpkin Pie
This delicious maple pumpkin pie is the best treat for any special occasion. The cannabis-infused whipped cream makes all the difference.
- Prep Time 3 Hours
- Cook Time 45 Minutes
- Total Time 3.45 Hours
- Serves 5 People
- Total Calories 300 cal
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (For the pie crust)
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (For the pie crust)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (For the pie crust)
- ½ teaspoon pure sea salt (For the pie crust)
- 3 tbsp ice water (For the pie crust)
- 1 can / 400 grams pumpkin purée (For the filling)
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup (For the filling)
- 3 large eggs (For the filling)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream (For the filling)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (For the filling)
- ¼ teaspoon each powdered cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger (For the filling)
- grated lemon zest from 1 lemon (For the filling)
- pinch of sea salt (For the filling)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (For the whipped cream)
- CBD Extract (For the whipped cream)
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (For the whipped cream)
- Measure out the butter, cut into ½ in cubes and place in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Pour the measure flour, salt and sugar into a food processor
- Measure out the spices
- In a food processor pulse the dry ingredients. Add the frozen butter cubes and pulse until you get a sand-like texture. Add the ice water a small splash at a time. You want the dough to just hold. You might not need all the water.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor onto a floured surface. Knead gently until you get a smooth ball, cover with plastic wrap and flatten into a disk. Be careful to not overmix the dough, let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight
- In a large mixing bowl: Add maple syrup, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Whisk thoroughly. Add the heavy cream, vanilla, spices, and grated lemon zest
- Roll out the dough: Place the chilled dough on a floured surface. Smash down with a rolling pin and roll the dough out into a 12-inch circle. Roll out from the center. Lift it up and turn it a quarter turn to prevent it from sticking. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Carefully place the dough onto a rolling pin and transfer into your tin. You can use a classic pie tin or springform pan to make a deep dish pie.
- Blind bake the crust* line the pie crust with parchment paper and add pie weights or dried pasta. Bake for 20 minutes at 425°F. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the filling just below the rim of the pie crust. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until the center is set.
- Set aside to cool
- Whip the cream. Add the cream to a chilled bowl and whisk until foamy. Add the sugar and your preferred dose of CBD extract
- Whip until stiff peaks form and set aside
- Let the pumpkin pie cool, slice, and enjoy with a dollop of Cannabis Whipped Cream