If you’re a fan of grape-flavored strains like the original Granddaddy Purple, you’ll love this tangy and spicy hybrid offspring. Amethyst is a high THC strain that combines the best of both energy and calming effects to help you get creative or productive.
Strain Table of Contents
As its parentage suggests, Amethyst combines the sweet and sour flavor of grapes and berries with spicy and herbal notes. The three main flavor notes for this strain are:
Amethyst Strain Information
The Amethyst strain is a 50/50 blend of indica and sativa strains like the classic White Widow. This makes it ideal for activity and not too heavy, even with 16% THC content. It is a combination of Granddaddy Purple and Sage N Sour strains, giving it a balanced flavor and profile of effects. There’s just enough indica to add a calming effect without losing the energy of the blend, making it similar in effect to Runtz.
Amethyst Strain Pairings
- Glass Animals — Heat Waves: If you’re getting active by hitting a hiking trail or going for a run, the latest release from Glass Animals is a great choice for elevating your Amethyst experience.
- Gorillaz — Sorcererz: A slinky bassline and plenty of synthesizer effects make this Gorillaz track a great pairing for the energy that comes from the Amethyst strain.
- Deep Purple — Perfect Strangers: The classic ’80s rock ballad will inspire you to do something great, even if that’s painting a wizard on the side of a van.
- Fruit and cheese plate: Perfect for snacking on while enjoying the rich berry flavors of the Amethyst strain, especially if you include some nuts and sharp cheeses.
- Steak with thyme: A well-cooked steak is ideal for pairing with a red-wine-like strain like Amethyst. The addition of fresh thyme just helps bring out the flavors even more.
Vodka-sauce-baked pasta: Topped with plenty of cheeses, a baked pasta dish with a rich red sauce is perfect for pairing with the sour and spicy flavors of this strain.
- Raspberry gimlet: Celebrate the berry flavors in the cocktail and the Amethyst strain while accenting the sour notes with this combination of berries, lime juice, and gin.
- Riesling: A sweet and light wine is ideal for Amethyst since it has its own earthy and spice notes to provide. The two balance each other out when combined.
- IPA: To clear the palate after the rich taste of this strain, try the bracing hops flavor of an IPA for plenty of contrast.
Where The Amethyst Strain Is Grown
This Amethyst variety was originally bred by Zion Botanicals in Cashmere, Washington. It’s a complex hybrid that has been recommended for pairing with outdoor activities since its inception in the 2010s.
Amethyst Strain Summary
With plenty of THC and a balanced profile of both calming and stimulating effects, Amethyst is a perfect midday or afternoon choice. Give it a try the next time you’re getting creative or heading outdoors.