If you’re a fan of relaxing strains with super-dense, chunky bud structures and skunky aromas, don’t pass on the Critical Mass strain. This heavily indica-dominant cross of Afghani and Skunk #1 is super relaxing and, in moderate to large doses, sleep-inducing. If you’re looking for some grass that’ll help you destress and wind down your day, this soothing strain might just become your new best bud.
Strain Table of Contents
Critical Mass offers up a smooth smoke and pronounced notes of:
Critical Mass Strain Information
Critical Mass is an 80/20 indica-sativa hybrid that clocks in at around 19%–22% THC and roughly 5% CBD. While this strain’s moniker makes it sound like some super potent herb, it was actually named for its massive, dense, heavy buds that tend to break the branches of the plants they grow on. That’s not to say Critical Mass doesn’t deliver a heavy, soothing, sedating high, though.
A moderate dose of this relaxation-inducing bud will quickly lift your mood and sink your tush into your couch. You’ll feel blissful, gooey, and probably a bit munchy, too, and might eventually find yourself drifting off to sleep.
Critical Mass Strain Effects
Critical Mass Strain Pairings
Hanakoto Bang, Roc Minx — “Critical Mass”: If you’re looking for a lyricless track to chill to, this beat should be perfect for your ridiculously relaxed, couch-locked state.
2 Chainz, Ty Dolla $ign, Trey Songz, Jhené Aiko — “It’s a Vibe”: Critical Mass is a vibe, and after it sets in, you’ll be a vibe, too — which is exactly why you’ll wanna vibe out to this vibey jam.
Tears for Fears — “Tipping Point”: If you need a jam that’ll help you stay energized, this ’80s number might just send you over the edge (and encourage you to bust a few moves in your kitchen).
- Charcuterie board: If this strain leaves you feeling munchy, toss together a buffet of cured meats, aged cheeses, roasted nuts, crunchy crackers, dried fruits, and crusty bread and get your grub on.
- Grilled ham and cheese sandwich: If you want something that’s easy to toss together even while you’re faded, this classic sammie tastes amazing alongside Critical Mass’s earthy, spicy notes. Use lots of butter — you won’t regret it.
- Thai green chicken curry: It’s oh-so-satisfying when you’re feeling munchy, and its lemongrass notes pair oh-so-well with Critical Mass’s myrcene-heavy flavor profile.
- Green tea punch: This refreshing combo of fresh-brewed green tea, Moroccan mint tea, and white rum is an excellent complement to Critical Mass’s earthy, herbal flavors. It might also help keep your eyes open a bit longer if you need that.
- Dry white wine: Preferably a sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio, or chardonnay. The herbaceous, grassy, citrusy notes in these wines pair quite nicely with Critical Mass’s flavors.
- Cognac: If you wanna double up on your relaxation-inducing vices, this soothing, after-dinner libation’s fruity notes are a lovely complement to your smoke’s earthy, spicy, citrusy flavors.