Are you a self-proclaimed cannabis connoisseur? If so, the sativa-dominant Acapulco Gold strain simply must have a place on your need-to-try list. This legendary landrace strain has been widely enjoyed and well-loved for decades (records say it was discovered back in the 1960s) and continues to please palates, brains, and bodies worldwide.
Strain Table of Contents
The Acapulco Gold strain is sweet, creamy, and herbaceous and will bless your palate with notes of:
Acapulco Gold Strain Information
Acapulco Gold leans heavily sativa and clocks in at an average THC content of 19% to 22% and CBD content of roughly 0.5%. While this cannabis strain might not be ultra potent on paper, just a few hits should be plenty and will leave you feeling beautifully baked, blissful, focused, giggly, and ready to take on your morning or afternoon. Medical tokers often use this strain to help alleviate stress, fatigue, depression, anxiety, nausea, migraines, and pain.
If you’re relatively new to the nug and plan on burning some of this pure gold, check out how to roll a blunt. Then, once you’ve had your fill of this fantastic flower, find something fun to do while you’re high.
Acapulco Gold Strain Effects
Acapulco Gold Strain Pairings
Dr. Hook — “Acapulco Goldie”: If you’re gonna toke some Acapulco Gold, why not listen to a song of (almost) the same name?
Bob Marley & The Wailers — “Is This Love”: After a few tokes of Acapulco Gold, you’ll fall in love — and you’ll be more than ready to groove along to this super chill, tropical-esque jam.
NEIL FRANCES — “It’s like a dream”: Enjoy a few tokes of Acapulco Gold, and your reality will truly be just like a dream.
- Tortilla chip & guac: Mexican ganj with Mexican chips and dip — it’s a marvelous match.
- Huevos rancheros: Whether you’re gonna wake and bake or enjoy a few midday tokes, this dish is sure to satisfy when you’re flying a little high.
- Takis: If Acapulco Gold leaves you with a craving for something crunchy to munch on, this ultra-popular Mexican snack should fit the bill perfectly.
- Margarita: If you’re tokin’ a Mexican strain, why not imbibe one of Mexico’s most famous cocktails? It’s only natural, right?
- Mezcal: Mexican marijuana and Mexican spirits are a match made in heaven.
- Acapulco: This blend of tequila, rum, grapefruit, and pineapple juice is an easy cocktail to make at home and pairs beautifully with Acapulco Gold’s lifted, luminous vibe.
Where The Acapulco Gold Strain Is Grown
Acapulco Gold is a landrace strain that originated ages ago in Mexico. Today, many breeders grow the strain, but no one can claim to have created it since it grew naturally for who knows how long.
Acapulco Gold Strain Summary
Acapulco Gold will quickly lift your mood and leave you feeling euphoric, energized, and mentally locked in for hours. If you’re interested in trying something similar, keep an eye out for Sour Diesel, Tropicana Cookies, Fruit Punch, or GG4, all of which are sativa-heavy hybrid strains with similar effects.