Sweet potatoes are so amazing. They’re sweet, nutritious, filling and are such a vibrant color. We’re going to do some fun and exciting things to traditional sweet potato pie by adding a small amount of cannabis and fresh ginger.
Between the ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, the earthy taste of cannabis oil is uniquely masked and enhances the flavor of the other spices. And the great thing is, it doesn’t change the pie drastically. You still get that good southern sweet potato pie feel!
Table of Contents
Sweet Potato High Pie Recipe
You’ll need 2 pre-made vegan pie crusts and a food processor.
- Prep Time 80 Minutes
- Cook Time 105 Minutes
- Total Time 120 Minutes
- Serves 10-12 People
- Calories 210 kcal
- 2 Pre-made vegan pie crusts
- 2 Large sweet potatoes
- ¾ Cup of cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cannabis infused coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 Heaping tablespoons of corn starch or arrow root
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425℉
- Pierce holes in 2 large sweet potatoes with a fork. Rub oil all around sweet potatoes making sure they’re well saturated. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake sweet potatoes for 45-min to 1 hr. Let them cool for 10-15 mins.
- Follow instruction for pre-made pie crusts
- Add all recipe ingredients, excluding the pie crusts, to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fill pie crusts with filling and bake for 45 mins at 350℉ for 30-45 mins. Allow pie to cool for at least 20 mins or overnight in the refrigerator. Top with vegan whipped topping (I use the coconut based Tru Whip Brand) and enjoy!