Discover a new way to combine cannabis with an all time favorite: Cheesecake. This simple, but sophisticated CBD cheesecake dessert harmoniously blends the flavors of even the funkiest of strains. It’s a great recipe to highlight the powerful flavors of cannabis. If you’re a cannabis enthusiast with a sweet tooth, this recipe promises to be your ultimate therapeutic treat!
Table of Contents
Basque cheesecake, also known as “burnt cheesecake” because of its signature cracked caramelized crust, is a rustic and mouth-watering dessert that traces its roots to the Basque region of Northern Spain. It’s simple to make and requires few ingredients, so don’t skip out our CBD-infused cheesecake – it’s the good stuff!
This cbd cheesecake has no additional crust, it’s all filling with a charred exterior concealing a velvety creamy center. The simple combination of cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and a hint of flour creates a heavenly marriage of flavors and textures that melt in your mouth. The cannabis is infused in cream and then blended into the batter to take this dessert to a new dimension of delight.
With our step-by-step instructions below, you will craft a delightful cbd-infused cheesecake that will be sure to impress even the most discerning palates.
It’s quite an easy recipe and you can customize this recipe to your own taste. The irresistible creamy interior pairs well with a drizzle of bright berry jam, a tropical mango chutney, or even with chocolate. So next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy dessert to make, be sure to try this Basque but CBD-infused cheesecake.
What Bud should we use to pair this recipe?
By using the strains finder we can search for cannabis flowers that match your preference. You can find strains higher in CBD or THC or choose a calming Indica, an uplifting Sativa, or even a hybrid.
I like to use strains with funky terpenes, there’s no need to hide the funky notes. Strains like Blueberry Cheesecake or Strawberry Cheesecake go well not only because of their name, but also because of their strong savory terpenes. Indulge in the delightful fusion of rich, caramelized flavors with the magical essence of cannabis.
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: |
2 hours + 3 hours for the cannabis infused cream
|Calories 2200 |
Total: 550 per serving
Mini Basque CBD Cheesecake Recipe:
- 300 grams Cream Cheese
- 120 grams Powdered Sugar
- 1 gram of Cannabis (Check out our dosage calculator)
- 5 oz/.15 liters Heavy Cream
- 2 XL Eggs
- 3 teaspoons All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Soften the Cream Cheese remove from the fridge and leave out at room temperature.
- Decarboxylate Prep your cannabis by decarboxylating. This process activates the THC and/or CBD that will be infused into the cream. Preheat your oven to 220 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread your cannabis over the parchment and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 22-30 minutes, keep an eye on it, every oven is different. When finished it should be lightly toasted and aromatic.
- Infuse half of the heavy cream with the ground cannabis. Add the bud and cream into a double boiler, a mason jar in a water bath, or your sous vide and infuse over low heat 85C/185F for 3 hours.
- Strain over a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth and store the finished cannabis cream in a jar to chill in the refrigerator. The potency of the cream will depend on your bud’s THC and CBD content.
- Prepare your ingredients : While the cannabis cream is chilling, prep your ingredients. and preheat the oven to 210 °C/410 °F. Sift out the powdered sugar and flour and have the rest of the ingredients measured out and ready to go.
- Blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer until incorporated and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and blend on low until smooth and even. Don’t mix on high to prevent bubbles. Scrape down the edges as you go
- Mix in the sifted flour and sea salt and incorporate well. Lastly add the cream a little at a time and mix on low until smooth and creamy. Pour into a springform pan lined with parchment paper. Our springform pan measures 14 cm/5.5 inches in diameter. Tap down a few times to remove any bubbles and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool. Leave the oven door slightly open and let the CBD-infused cheesecake cool down for an hour before transferring it to the fridge to cool down completely. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and Enjoy! The cheesecake is delicious on its own or paired with a fresh fruit jam.