Table of Contents
The 10 Summer Cocktails To Try
1. Passion Fruit Martini
2. Espresso Martini
An espresso martini gives a unique twist on the classic martini that combines espresso coffee with vodka and coffee liqueur for an energizing kick.
A classic Cuban cocktail made with white rum, sugar, lime juice, mint leaves, and soda water. The combination of sweet and sour flavors makes this one of the most popular summer cocktail around!
Here is a classic Mojito recipe that is refreshing and easy to make:
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (or 1/2 oz simple syrup)
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Club soda, to top off
- Lime wheel, for garnish (optional)
- Add the sugar (or simple syrup) and fresh lime juice in a highball or Collins glass. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the mint leaves in the glass and gently muddle them with a muddler or the back of a spoon, just enough to release their oils and aroma. Be careful not to tear the leaves, as this can lead to a bitter taste.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice or ice cubes, leaving some room for the club soda at the top.
- Pour the white rum over the ice and gently stir to combine the ingredients.
- Top off the drink with club soda, adding more ice if needed.
- Gently stir the Mojito once more to mix the club soda with the other ingredients.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a lime wheel, if desired.
- Serve immediately with a straw, and enjoy your refreshing Mojito!
4. Piña Colada
5. Pimm's Summer Cocktail Spirit
A British favorite made with Pimm’s No 1 Cup liqueur mixed with lemonade or ginger ale along with fresh fruits like oranges, cucumbers, strawberries, apples, and mint leaves for garnish. It’s perfect for sipping in the sun.
6. Aperol Spritz
An Italian favorite made from equal parts Prosecco wine and Aperol liqueur topped off with a splash of soda water served over ice in a large wine glass garnished with an orange slice or two.
7. Sex on the Beach
This fruity summer cocktail is made with vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, orange juice, and grenadine syrup. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
Here’s a delicious and easy Sex on the Beach cocktail recipe:
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz peach schnapps
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- Orange slice, for garnish (optional)
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a highball or Collins glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the vodka and peach schnapps over the ice.
- Carefully pour the cranberry juice, followed by the orange juice, to create a layered effect. If you prefer a well-mixed summer cocktail, simply pour both juices together and give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry, if desired.
- Serve immediately with a straw or stirrer, and enjoy your refreshing Sex on the Beach cocktail!
8. Tamarind-Mezcal Sour
9. Watermelon Daiquiri
The watermelon daiquiri is a refreshing take on the classic daiquiri that blends fresh watermelon puree with white rum and lime juice served over crushed ice in a tall glass garnished with a sprig of mint leaves. Yum!
10. Tabernacle Crush
This Southern classic combines bourbon or whiskey mixed with simple syrup and freshly squeezed lemonade, then topped off with some club soda served over crushed ice in a tall glass garnished with fresh mint leaves. Perfect for those hot summer days when you need something extra special to cool down. Here’s a simple recipe for a Tabernacle Crush:
- 2 oz bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1/2 ripe peach, diced (or 1 oz peach puree)
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Crushed ice
- Peach slice, for garnish (optional)
- Mint sprig, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the diced peach (or peach puree), mint leaves, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients gently to release the peach juices and mint oils. Be careful not to over-muddle the mint, as this can cause it to taste bitter.
- Add the bourbon or rye whiskey to the shaker, then fill it with ice.
- Close the lid and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds until well-chilled and mixed.
- Fill a rocks glass or Old Fashioned glass with crushed ice.
- Double-strain the cocktail mixture over the crushed ice using a fine mesh strainer to
remove any solids.
- Garnish with a peach slice and a mint sprig, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your refreshing Tabernacle Crush!
These 10 must-try summer cocktails are the perfect way to add some excitement and refreshment to your warm-weather festivities. Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ, lounging poolside, or simply enjoying a quiet evening on the patio, these delightful concoctions will impress your taste buds and your guests. So mix up one (or all) of these tantalizing beverages, and let the vibrant flavors transport you to a sun-soaked paradise. Cheers to a summer filled with unforgettable memories and sensational sips!