If you’re looking for a delicious and easy snack that incorporates the benefits of cannabis, look no further than this cannabis-infused popcorn recipe! Whether you’re winding down to watch your favorite Netflix series or looking for a fun way to use cannabis in the kitchen, our recipe for popcorn with cannabis is perfect to enjoy the relaxing effects of cannabis and satisfy your hunger.
Table of Contents
3 Variations Of Popcorn With Cannabis
Stovetop popcorn is very easy to make, it is ready in less than 10 minutes and all you need is a pot with a lid, popcorn kernels, and seasonings. It’s sure to become a regular staple in your cannabis kitchen. Find my three suggestions below for Classic Cannabutter, Parmesan and Oregano, and Salted Caramel Crunch. These flavored popcorns can be customized with your choice of flavors, spices and seasonings.
Pairing Different Strains With Popcorn
I enjoy looking for strains that will pair well with different recipes. Bud has a strong taste and strong aromas thanks to their terpenes. It can be worthwhile to find that perfect pairing that compliments the dish without overpowering it.
I always follow JJ Smoak’s recommendations on the Strain Finder to find what’ll pair well with each recipe. The plain Cannabutter Popcorn will work well as a clean blank slate so you can taste the flavors. If you want to go for the cross-faded pairing: cava and popcorn with cannabis are a perfect match.
Remember that the effects of edibles can take up to 2 hours to fully kick in, so start with a small serving and wait to see how it affects you before consuming more. Dose responsibly and adjust accordingly using the CBD Dosage Chart Calculator
We’d love to hear how you enjoy your popcorn with cannabis: feel free to share with us how you like it.
Popcorn With Cannabis Recipe:
The Perfect Snack for Relaxation and Enjoyment!
- Prep Time 2 Minutes
- Cook Time 6 Minutes
- Total Time 8 Minutes
- Serves 2 People
- Calories 180-225 per serving kcal
- 1.5 tbsp of cooking oil
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- Variation #1 Classic Cannabutter:
- 1 tbsp cannabutter
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Variation #2 EVOO + Parmesan Popcorn:
- 1 tbsp cannabis infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Variation #3 Salted Caramel Crunch Popcorn:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ stick cannabutter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preparing the Popcorn:
- Heat the oil and 3 kernels in large saucepan over medium-high heat until the kernels pop. Remove the pan from heat, add the remaining kernels, cover, and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat. Cook with the lid slightly open until popping slows to about 2 seconds between pops. Pour the popcorn into large bowl
- Plain Cannabutter:
- Toss Add the melted butter and toss to coat popcorn. Add salt and toss to combine.
- Parmesan and Oregano:
- Toss the popcorn with the cannabis infused olive oil, parmesan cheese, dried oregano, and sea salt
- Salted Caramel Crunch - we saved the best for last:
- Remove the popcorn from the pot and set aside
- In the same pot, add the sugar and salt and heat over medium-low heat. Don’t stir, but allow the sugar to gently melt.
- Once the sugar is melted, add the butter and gently stir all together
- Next, add the baking soda and mix thoroughly until it is incorporated
- Lastly, add the popped corn and toss until it is evenly coated in the cannabis caramel mixture
- Quickly transfer to a parchment lined baking seat and spread out evenly to cool.
* These are best enjoyed right away, but you can keep in an airtight container for 4-5 days.